Setting intentions is powerful.
Being intentional about your vision and goals gives you direction, peace of mind, and freedom. This is how I plan out my year – I know that it will help you achieve your 2022 vision.
Let’s start with why.
Why do you care about the things you do? Why is it important to you that you make it a part of your life vision? Why does it matter?
My why is generational wealth and abundance, and to have fun building & teaching it.
What are your core values?
Narrow down to 3 core values. For me, my values have always centered around love, family, and freedom.
If you don’t know, that’s okay! To get you started, here are some questions to ask yourself. This starts with alignment and knowing who you are and where you want to be.
- What inspires you to take action?
- Who do you admire and respect? Why? What qualities do you see in them?
- When do you feel proud of yourself?
- What brings you self-fulfillment? What about self-joy?
- When do you feel the most yourself? When do you not feel the most yourself?
- When do you feel like you’re betraying yourself?
- What can you do to include more love and fulfillment in your life?
My vision board and goals are divided into 5 priority areas in my life.
These 5 areas don’t have to be yours. They aren’t listed in a particular order. If you’re a visual learner, these 5 categories will make up your vision board for your big pictures. If you’re a note-taker and brainstormer, you’ll want to break down your vision into smaller goals, such as intention, year vision, and monthly goals and milestones. For example, here is mine:
Early retirement by end of 2024, hard retirement for 2026 for myself and my parents.
3X – 5X personal & family portfolios that I manage by January 1st, 2023. Cutting expenses as much as I can to live on less than 30% of my income to invest the other 70%. 3X net worth from last year.
- On the first trading day of the month, track all portfolio gains and losses on the spreadsheet, including all positions and unrealized gains.
- Every Sunday, I track and categorize all of my expenses, income, and investments on Mint. This is by far the BEST tool I use to manage my cash flow and goals.
- On the first day of the month, I update my yearly money forecast based on my short-term and long-term current and new clients.
- Deposit at least 50% of my monthly income into my investment accounts to position into my next entry.
- Read 1 new article from the World Economic Forum per week, 1 new article from ARK Invest’s Research Centre, and the daily news to understand the economic climate.
- Take 30 minutes a day to keep up with my favourite companies that I’ve invested in.
- Learn 1 new thing about cryptocurrency every week.
- Teach my loved ones 1 new thing I’ve learned about the market every month.
To take care of myself, and to put myself first in order to show up for my life & my loved ones as the best version of myself. To create life-long friendships that become a strong support system.
Mind, body, emotional, and spiritual alignment. Disease prevention, whether it be mental, emotional, or physical.
- Eat 2 women’s multivitamins + daily tea day. I eat the OLLY women’s vitamins and mix my Genuine Health Greens Superfood supplement into my morning tea. I feel a huge burst of energy from this along in the morning, I don’t need to drink coffee.
- Meditate for 10 – 25 minutes every other day including affirmations. This helps me build my positive self-talk, keep focused, and set the tone for the day.
- Therapy + journaling once a week, especially immediately after my therapy sessions. I found my therapist through BetterHelp.
- Complete + keep track of my monthly workout program. Lately, I’ve been following Chloe Ting’s home workouts.
- Spend 30 minutes every day or every other day at the dog park with Jupi.
Deepen our love and commitment to each other as we prepare for the next step in our relationship.
A flourishing relationship that allows both self-discovery, and partnership discovery.
- Check-in with each other to understand what we both need at this stage in our lives. “What do you need from me and need me to be at this point in your life?” “How can I be a better partner to you?” “What can I improve on?” “What have I been doing that you love?”
- Learn new skillsets together. Right now, Josh is learning how to code and I’m learning SEO.
- Learn more about the psychology of romantic relationships, becoming a better girlfriend, and preparing to be a wife. I loved the book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus because it really shows the difference between how men and women process information, communicate and think.
- Dress up and keep dating. It still gives me butterflies!
To fall back in love with the work that I do. Create meaning and impact through my gifts and talents.
A healthy and exciting work-life balance. A passion for the work that I do, in an environment where I feel that I’m learning, creating opportunities, and having fun in a new industry!
- “How can I make this fun and efficient?” Is always something that I ask myself when I take on a new project.
- In January, I made the decision to change my career industry from fashion, beauty, and lifestyle to luxury, technology, and finance. Since then, I’ve committed to only taking on projects in these industries, and a whole new wave of excitement has come into my life again!
- Learn one new skill really well. I’ve been focusing on SEO and writing. I’ve recently fallen back in love with writing. Once I start to brainstorm ideas and get some words on the page, I can’t stop!
- Say no, and say no a lot, especially to projects that fuel my soul.
Create an environment that I love, and that brings Josh and I comfort and serenity. Gives us the best space to make memories, work, and relax.
Have at least $10k invested specifically for home expenses by the end of 2022.
- To inspire me as much as I can. I’ve saved so many photos of local houses, condos, and studios that I LOVE.
- To understand my design aesthetic more. I’ve started a vision board of interior design that inspires me.
That was a little glimpse of how I set intentions, visions, and goals for the year. I hope this inspires you and encourages you to think BIG. Your goals should make you a little nervous and spark excitement and celebration when you think about achieving them!
When you find yourself unmotivated, you might not be thinking big enough.
I used to think making $10,000 a month was impossible – until it wasn’t. I know people who make $10,000 a DAY. If somebody has achieved something before, it’s possible, and all it takes is having a plan, consistency, structure, and discipline.
Let’s make this our best year yet,
This blog post contains affiliate links to Amazon and BetterHelp. When you purchase these products, you support this blog. Thank you!